Role: Senior Psychometrician
Senior Psychometricians are key contributors in the Assessment Services team and are involved in all tasks from test design through reporting of scores. These individuals are responsible for leading activities such as item calibration, forms construction, scaling and equating, and technical documentation. Senior Psychometricians will work closely with both internal and external clients to fulfill needs of test design and development.
The Assessment Services team consists of assessment specialists, psychometricians, statistical analysts, graphic artists, production editors, and technical writing experts. Psychometricians are knowledge leaders on the Assessment Services team and within Questar. Senior Psychometricians are expected to be very knowledgeable about the assessment industry and able to advise internal and external teams on best practices in test development. They should initiate conversations and projections to bring innovation, flexibility, and efficiency to Questar processes, and work closely with all Questar teams and clients to meet quality and service expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. in educational statistics, measurement, psychometrics, or Ed.D in educational measurement or related field required.
- 4+ years in educational assessment with increasing job responsibilities.
- Collaborate with a team of psychometricians assigned to projects, serve as the lead psychometrician for a small or large project, and/or serve as the primary point of contact for internal Questar teams and clients.
- Plan and oversee the work of statistical analysts and junior psychometricians.
- Design scaling and equating approaches and write associated technical specifications. Evaluate reasonableness and troubleshoot unusual equating or other analysis results.
- Recommend appropriate analysis approaches and identify advantages and disadvantages of several options.
- Construct tests, and evaluate tests built by others according to psychometric targets.
- Develop psychometric targets for test construction and create test construction specifications.
- Design and lead data review meetings.
- Plan, design, create materials for, and facilitate standard setting meetings.
- Develop psychometric solution for Response to Proposals (RFPs). Write and review associated text and provide input to costing.
- Communicate (orally and in writing) technical concepts in non-technical ways with clients, Questar staff, or other external stakeholders.
- Synthesize information and produce coherent summaries and recommendations.
- Create documents, prepare presentations, and present at Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), client, and other external stakeholder group meetings.
- Deliver on time, quality results.
- Estimate completion time for various activities, review schedules and provide feedback on reasonableness.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Build capacity within Assessment Services by creating new processes, building efficiencies, and bringing in new innovations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to articulate legislative testing requirements and broader public and policy concerns about testing
- Develop a collaborative network of measurement professionals outside Questar
- Proficient in SAS, SPSS, R, or other statistical software
- Use of WINSTEPS, IRTPRO, or other IRT-based software in a research or operational environment
- Experience implementing different IRT models
- Experience designing and conducting studies in support of educational assessment and research
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.