SUMMARY: The Scrum Manager leads a team of Scrum Masters and directs their work in managing multiple client implementation and/or technology product deliveries on a day-to-day basis to successful completion.
The Scrum Manager:
The Scrum Manager is the direct manager for Scrum Masters, offering direction, coaching/mentoring, feedback, and clear communication to team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the Scrum team, building a culture of collaboration, performance, and continuing professional development.
· Offer clear work direction and appropriate support to team members.
· Collaborate with team members and business partners.
· Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and reasonable for the team and organization.
· Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet product delivery deliverables.
· Manage technical issues, risks and priorities when escalated.
· Perform risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans.
· Resolve issues and solve problems.
· Provide constructive feedback on product delivery schedules and help enforce of product delivery deadlines in response to the client requirements.
· Proactively identify resource constraints and work with other personnel managers on creative solutions.
· Manage the unexpected gracefully and effectively, inspiring team confidence in achieving product delivery success and having transparent clarity of issues with product delivery stakeholders to assist in resolution or escalation.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to achieve the best outcome for all interested parties.
· Support/direct implementation of product deliveries in accordance with Questar’s established Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) model, and offering suggestions on ongoing process improvements.
· Maintain key relationships with (internal and external) business partners.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, work within and beyond the technology team to further optimize and improve existing cross-functional processes.
· Build a knowledge base of product delivery types, document templates and other product delivery artifacts to draw from to optimize repeated product delivery processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
· Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising employees and success leading a team.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in high tech and/or education industry. Experience with online education products highly desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience a Scrum Master.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned product deliveries and emergent hotfixes to support customer operational needs
· Ability to lead a high-functioning team and enable individuals to meet requirements (deadlines, productivity goals, etc.) while participating within best practice SDLC methodologies but without compromising on the business goals of the product deliveries.
· Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies, requirements documentation and software development product delivery leadership.
· Experience in working environments with multiple SDLC methodologies – particularly rapid prototyping and incremental delivery
· Experience with Agile software methodologies preferred. Formal training in one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) and toolsets (JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, etc.) a plus.
· Current experience with business analysis and product delivery documentation for mobile development a plus.
· Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems.
· Experience with all MS Office applications and document creation software.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED