Questar Assessment, Inc., Apple Valley, MN
Job Description: IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manger is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Responsibilities include acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This position will report to the Project Portfolio Manager. This role requires strong technical, leadership, analytical, and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that customer needs in collaboration with stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Set and continually manage project expectations with stakeholders and other team members
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored properly
- Manage risk and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Build and maintain positive relationships with project team and internal business partners
- Lead internal cross functional teams to meet program deliverables
- Manage technical support for software implementations, while communicating status, issues, and risks
- Perform risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans
- Manage the unexpected gracefully and effectively
- Remove roadblocks for project teams
- Serve as the conduit between the customers (internal and external), software development team, and other technical teams
- Identify and rive process improvement through the technology organization
- Plan and manage software release deployments
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- At least Five (5) years of project/program management or project leadership experience demonstrating experience managing and participating in IT projects.
- Experience building and managing a project schedule in Microsoft Project or similar project management tool utilizing data-based decision-making (GANTT charts, etc).
- Ability to lead medium to large scale projects, including development of plans for scope, resourcing, timeline, budget, issue management, and managing change
- Superior time and schedule management skills
- Experience with both waterfall and agile project management.
- Delegating appropriately and at the critical points according to staff’s competencies and bandwidth.
- Independent, self-starter who requires little guidance.
- Customer-focused - establishes and maintains customer relationships; highly skilled in managing customer expectations.
- Communication Skills – strong listening, and oral/written communications skills, include the ability to facilitate interactive sessions with internal and external focus groups.
- Interpersonal Skills – able to interact effectively at all organizational levels, function in a team-driven environment, and manage conflict effectively and constructively.
- Leadership – ability to inspire and interest people and identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members to capitalize on performance.
- Results-oriented with creative approach to solving business problems
- Negotiation and Consensus-Building – able to facilitate discussion and reach resolution
- Awareness and focus on continuous change and improvement; seeks and is comfortable recommending change.
- Expertise in the software development lifecycle
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology in area of focus.
- Familiarity with software development tools and processes related to software as a service
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.