We are seeking a Sr. FP&A Analyst to provide three key items to the company (1) business advisory to all levels of the organization in relation to financial projects, (2) focus on transactional excellence in supporting financial projects and (3) ensure adequate compliance and controls regarding policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the project manager(s) to provide financial support and analysis of both capitalized and expensed projects.
- Review contracts, proposals, and change orders for profitability and to ensure proper system set up (revenue recognition, billing, and delivery).
- Ensure proper revenue recognition and invoicing per contractual terms.
- Actively manage project-specific items (unbilled, backlog, and deferred revenue, open AR, completion metrics, etc.)
- Analyze financial information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Review monthly results with department management prior to revenue close.
- Review monthly results with Program Manager(s) during monthly meetings.
- Assist in the annual audit process.
- Lead the planning, budgeting, documenting, and accounting of projects.
- Ad hoc requests or projects.
The statements contained herein reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 to 7+ years of relevant experience (revenue analyst, project accounting, FP&A analyst, etc.)
- Ability to independently prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills in evaluating project performance.
- Experience in reviewing the performance of financial and capital projects.
- Experience and understanding of revenue recognition principles.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand contract terms and conditions.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Experience with process implementation, refinement, and documentation.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.