This position assists staff and clients with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technologies on a day-to-day basis. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communications and problem solving skills. Support involves delivery of hands on training, consultation, instruction and trouble-shooting of computer hardware, software, network and computer related systems and peripheral devices.
Conducts Help Desk support over the phone through chat services or via remote desktop support applications as well as in person; other responsibilities involve but are not limited to: specification, documentation, testing of computer systems, computer network connectivity, printer setup and repairs, audio/visual equipment, recommends hardware and software acquisitions and upgrades, imaging equipment, virtualization of systems, vendor relations, telephones, and mobile devices. This position ensures the effective operation of all systems. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining large desktop environment involving hardware/software replacement, repair, updates and disposal of equipment. Resolve printer and ancillary equipment issues involving various technology related systems.
- Analyzing desktop systems and providing input on more efficient and effective client device management practices.
- Administering and managing various user accounts involving web conferencing tools, Microsoft software products, Instant messaging, email clients, web browsers, Adobe cloud product just to name a few, while ensuring the appropriate levels of security are maintained while enabling users to complete their work efficiently and effectively.
- Applying business/technical support concepts to analyze application problems and resolve complex issues that may have strategic impact.
- Applying business/technical support concepts to perform Tier 1 (basic-level) technical support.
- Accurately managing IT hardware and software asset inventory.
- Support and maintain virtual testing environments. Setup, configure and install virtual networks to support installation of various virtual machines involving MS Windows, Mac, and Linux based systems.
- Assisting in the purchasing of new services, hardware, software, and other IT supplies
- Provide audio/video support of computer and telephony systems.
- Documentation of processes and desktop systems environment.
- Excellent customer service skills; proficient at both written and verbal communication.
- Ensuring all end user systems have up-to-date anti-malware and anti-virus protection.
- Trouble-shoot remote access issues and resolve virus/malware.
- Ensuring monthly software updates are tested and applied in a timely fashion utilizing centralized distribution tools.
- Creating, analyzing, summarizing and monitoring usage reports for desktops and responsible inventory devices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline; Master’s degree preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Entry-level position with 0-3 years of technical support experience.
- Basic knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems involving virtual and physical devices.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively document procedures and IT systems.
- Must be available to provide on-call support after normal business hours.