The Full-stack .NET Web Developer will be working on Questar’s multi-platform code bases. You will be implementing new features, maintaining existing code, refactoring existing code across the breadth of products used both internally and externally at Questar Assessment, Inc.
As such, you will assist with concerns ranging from code architecture and delivery, SQL queries, Chromebooks, macOS/Windows/Linux desktops, iOS and Android tablets. Your experience and knowledge will help to drive Questar’s student test taking platform to well-perceived products that brings confidence and delight to students and teachers across districts in United Status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Scrum team to provide accurate work estimates
- Maintain and develop new features to internal and external facing software to enhance the customer experience. This includes our student test taking platform to resolve issues on various OS, such as iOS, Android, etc.
- Code-review and mentoring other developers
- Troubleshooting and production support of client issues
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and time estimate to client-facing program management teams.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degrees in a technology field a plus.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Full-stack developer: from front-end, to middle/application tier, to database
- Experience with at least one framework/library like Vue,js, Polymer, Angular.js, React.js, Ractive.js, Knockout.js, Ember.js, Bootstrap
- Ability to write clean, standardized code that performs optimally in highly concurrent environments.
- Ability to consume and create APIs and web services using REST.
- Experience with Agile development and familiarity with scrum
- Knowledge of education standard such as QTI/APIP, SIF, AIF is a plus
- OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all members of the organization in person and during remote conferences.
- Ability to understand through communication the needs of the business and then relay that information to the appropriate business and/or technical resources.
- Clear, effective written communications
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated a MUST
- Team oriented, open, honest and collaborative – non-political approach
- Ability to listen and learn from others
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Write clean, self-documenting clear code
- Ability to test your code and code of your peers
- Hard working, with “delivery to customer” in mind
*Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.