SUMMARY: The Scrum Manager leads a team of Scrum Masters and directs their work in managing multiple client implementation and/or technology product deliveries on a day-to-day basis to successful completion.
The Scrum Manager: leads the team to accurate, successful, and on-time delivery of all milestones related to a product delivery manages delivery milestone plans and product sprint plans identifies risks and mitigation strategies manages and tracks technical issues and priorities oversees and continuously improves the QAI implementation of the Agile process clearly communicates product delivery health status to the product delivery stakeholders, business analysts, technical development team and senior management.
The Scrum Manager is the direct manager for Scrum Masters, offering direction, coaching/mentoring, feedback, and clear communication to team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the Scrum team, building a culture of collaboration, performance, and continuing professional development.
· Offer clear work direction and appropriate support to team members.
· Collaborate with team members and business partners.
· Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and reasonable for the team and organization.
· Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet product delivery deliverables.
· Manage technical issues, risks and priorities when escalated.
· Perform risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans.
· Resolve issues and solve problems.
· Provide constructive feedback on product delivery schedules and help enforce of product delivery deadlines in response to the client requirements.
· Proactively identify resource constraints and work with other personnel managers on creative solutions.
· Manage the unexpected gracefully and effectively, inspiring team confidence in achieving product delivery success and having transparent clarity of issues with product delivery stakeholders to assist in resolution or escalation.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to achieve the best outcome for all interested parties.
· Support/direct implementation of product deliveries in accordance with Questar’s established Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) model, and offering suggestions on ongoing process improvements.
· Maintain key relationships with (internal and external) business partners.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, work within and beyond the technology team to further optimize and improve existing cross-functional processes.
· Build a knowledge base of product delivery types, document templates and other product delivery artifacts to draw from to optimize repeated product delivery processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
· Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising employees and success leading a team.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in high tech and/or education industry. Experience with online education products highly desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience a Scrum Master.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned product deliveries and emergent hotfixes to support customer operational needs
· Ability to lead a high-functioning team and enable individuals to meet requirements (deadlines, productivity goals, etc.) while participating within best practice SDLC methodologies but without compromising on the business goals of the product deliveries.
· Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies, requirements documentation and software development product delivery leadership.
· Experience in working environments with multiple SDLC methodologies – particularly rapid prototyping and incremental delivery
· Experience with Agile software methodologies preferred. Formal training in one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) and toolsets (JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, etc.) a plus.
· Current experience with business analysis and product delivery documentation for mobile development a plus.
· Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems.
· Experience with all MS Office applications and document creation software.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED