The User Experience Analyst is responsible for the definition of highly usable and satisfying user experiences across the suite of Questar Assessment’s online product portfolio. A successful candidate will analyze the current state of our digital products and provide insights into opportunities for new and improved user experiences. This person must be able to understand where we are today and formulate where we are going tomorrow in the user-experience standards and usability of Questar’s internal and external tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will follow UX best practices aligned to support of overall business strategy, working with and following the direction of the UX Lead. The successful candidate will conduct several key activities including:
- Definition of user personas
- User and business stakeholder interviews
- Documentation of designs (sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, mockups, user flows)
- Ongoing collaboration with technical and non-technical members of product development teams
- Ongoing advocacy for the voice-of-customer within product development processes.
Working with the various functional teams (both internal and external), the product management team and the product development team, the UX Analyst will contribute to a compelling strategic differentiation of Questar’s current and future products.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience:2+ years in any combination of UX roles in high-paced internet-based organizations or within website departments in traditional organizations, experience with online education products highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple planned and unplanned projects concurrently.
- Ability to function within a busy, cross-functional team without compromising on the user-centered design of the experience.
- Ability to turn concepts into project requirements, perform competitive analysis, content and audience analysis, and create use cases, sitemaps, wireframes, copy-decks, and prototypes or early pages, which lead to successful feature development and timely project completion.
- Ability to create working prototypes and potential early pages using an existing front-end framework, but often to add a new, or modify existing, user pattern. Basic-to-intermediate HTML and CSS skills will be helpful here.
- Expert knowledge of information architecture, site navigation, usability design and web accessibility. Ability to identify issues in the code regarding accessibility would be a bonus.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies, SharePoint, responsive web design, online self-service, eLearning, social networking, and general technology trends.Knowledge and experience with designing native mobile applications is a plus.
- Experience in an agile software development environment.
- Current experience with user-experience design for mobile responsive development.
- Knowledge of computer systems in PC, touch, and web-enabled systems.
- Experience in a lean-UX process a plus. Candidates with past use of JIRA or other agile development tools will be at a distinct advantage.
- Experience with current Microsoft Office applications and document creation software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.