The Director of Customer Support & Field Systems Engineers is responsible for overseeing the call center activity and the field support teams. The teams consist or Customer Support Level 1 (CS Representatives), the Customer Support Level 2 (Technical Support Representatives) and the Field Systems Engineers. Customer Support teams drive long term relationships with customers through superior work and professional representation of the company. The position has oversight of the team as well as providing direct client support by communicating with clients by phone, email, or chat, troubleshooting and resolving issues. A strong desire and ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization is important.
The position is responsible for maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the Customer Service Department. The Director also collaborates with and develops processes and procedures to support cross-functional teams including Program Management, Sales, Technology Team, Product Management, and Operations.
This individual is responsible for oversight of the Field Systems Engineers and the development of field support. The Director will determine a tactical plan for in state support during critical testing windows and partnership with the Program Management team to insure client satisfaction and support needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements policies.
- Responsible for employees’ training and development.
- Partners with the management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company's objectives.
- Collect and evaluate metrics daily, weekly, and monthly for resource forecasting, monitoring of customer service activities, and evaluating of internal process needs.
- Provide internal stakeholders (such as program management, TT, executive team) summary information regarding customer service metrics and key activities per client.
- Oversees customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department.
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure timely support and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of Questars’ systems and processes.
- Sets performance standards to meet service goals of company.
- Coaches Customer Service Team in order to achieve high performance.
- Structures the training agenda for department members.
- Measures Customer Service Representatives’, Technical team and Systems Engineers’ performance and makes employment decisions.
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices.
- Responds to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of customer service experience.
- 5+ years of experience in management/leadership.
- Experience managing a team and supervising professional staff.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and a professional telephone manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using metrics to drive efficiencies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve customer service problems and questions.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience using CRM, Sales Force.