We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Business Analyst to join our growing and dynamic team. In this role you will be accountable for defining, documenting and eliciting requirements for one or more external client and/or software development projects. The individual is responsible for partnering and collaborating with internal Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, Product Managers and other stake holders to ensure we capture all requirements and document then in order to proceed with development to implement a project and/or to deliver a product. The Senior Business Analyst must be able to assemble stories and meet with all stakeholders – on the product development team, product management team and across other business units - in the formulation of the backlog. The Senior Business Analyst must be able to understand where we are today and formulate the blueprint of where we are going tomorrow.
The Senior Business Analyst also leads both the technical and business teams to the completion of tasks and projects. Presently, Questar uses a loose mix of SDLC methodologies; this position will assist the technology leadership in the analysis of existing methodologies, workflows and personnel in order to make recommendations for ongoing improvements. Leading across teams, this position will help in establishing a decision-matrix and well-documented methodologies that project teams will use from beginning to end of projects with goals of increased efficiency, transparency and quality. As a part of the methodologies needed at Questar, this position will implement our agile methodology and recommend where agile is appropriate to project success. As a part of the product development team, Senior Business Analyst maintains the backlog of work and collaborates with team members to configure sprints and releases. This position requires leadership qualities and the ability to think critically to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Working with the various functional teams (internal and external), the product management team and the product development team, the Senior Business Analyst will contribute to a compelling strategic differentiation of Questar’s current and future products and services. The Senior Business Analyst also works closely with the Project Manager to ensure projects are properly scoped, completed on-time and on-budget.
- Build and maintain relationships (through expertise and influence) with cross-functional and technology teams resulting in an environment of highly effective collaboration, communication, and execution of programs/processes across the organization
- Work closely with Program Management, Product Management, Operations (internal teams) and various development partners (external) to evolve the project methodologies and identify appropriate use as needed per project/solution.
- Define, implement and evolve a communication plan/path to provide leadership with appropriate status updates that include risk assessment, product release options/schedules, and organizational impact.
- Act as an internal process improvement consultant for other internal groups looking to maximize their process, documentation and other work products surrounding project planning and requirements.
- Act as a liaison to Questar’s external audience including potential clients/partners, current client/partners, and consortia leaders as it pertains to the overall user-experience, design considerations, and product specifications for Questar’s products and services.
- Elicit requirements and business objectives from key stakeholders –internal and external - for future application or technology-related solutions.
- Document system requirements and functional specifications based upon internal and external customer needs
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into detailed process flow/requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate program/project meetings with business leaders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
- Participate in and facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements
- Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams
- Work closely with the User Experience, Web Design, Front End and Back End Development teams, and Leadership in defining and delivering solutions
- Work collaboratively with QA team to prepare and execute acceptance test cases for application development projects to help ensure quality throughout development life cycle
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to facilitate the preparation of features and functionality documentation and updates configuration manuals in support of product releases
- Clarify requirements and use cases with Developers and QA Analysts to ensure a common understanding of project scope
- Lead and Participate Discussions in Team Meetings
- Coordinate with Developers and Project Team Members to triage and resolve issues
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Project Manager
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects.
- Ability to act as a leader within a project team and motivate individuals to meet requirements (deadlines, productivity goals, etc.) while operating within best practice SDLC methodologies but without compromising on the business goals of the projects.
- Ability to turn concepts into project requirements, perform requirements gathering and appropriate documentation which lead to successful feature development and timely project completion.
- Expert knowledge of SDLC methodologies, requirements documentation and software development project leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of environments with multiple SDLC methodologies – when to use which process, experience in educational technologies a plus.
- Experience with Agile software methodologies. Formal training in one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, kanban, etc.) or toolsets (JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, etc.) preferred.
- Current experience with business analysis and project documentation for mobile responsive development a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the Unites States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.