Questar Assesment has an IT Project Manager Position open at our corporate office in Apple Valley, MN. The IT Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple client facing projects along with internal technology enhancements. The individual is responsible for identifying, planning and managing all project milestones. This position supports client deliverables across the entire organization with a heavy focus on SDLC process. The candidate will be part of delivering for our client while also aid in implementing process improvement that can help our entire organization.
This position will report to the Director of Project Management. The Questar Project Management Office (PMO) is key to the organizations successful delivery of projects and enhancements. This role requires strong leadership and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet project deliverables. Provide transparency into tasks and status.
- Create and manage project details identifying what needs to be done when by whom.
- Ensure the SDLC processes are followed.
- Proactively provide clear, concise communication on all project deliverables and risks.
- Lead project meetings and large group events. Provide leadership in all meetings related to your project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored properly.
- Manage risk and issues throughout the project lifecycle. Remove and or escalate roadblocks as needed.
- Provide clear project scope, vision and timelines to all internal partners (Scrum Masters, Developers, QA, Leadership, Operations, Program Managers).
- Build and maintain positive relationships with project team and internal business partners..
- Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet program deliverables.
- Manage technical support for your program or enhancement communicating status, issues and risks.
- Perform risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Proactively identifying resource constraints and working with personnel managers on creative solutions.
- Manage the unexpected gracefully and effectively.
- Remove roadblocks for project teams.
- Serve as the conduit and act as liaison between the customers (internal and external), software development team and technical teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change, work beyond the Technology department to further optimize and improve existing process.
- Build a knowledge base of project types to draw from to optimize processes.
- Work closely with technology team leadership on all technology components; hardware, infrastructure, software, releases and production support.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- At least Five (5) years of project/program management or project leadership experience demonstrating experience managing and participating in IT projects.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers at all organizational levels.
- Experience building and managing a project schedule in Microsoft Project or similar project management tool utilizing data-based decision-making (GANTT charts, etc).
- Ability to lead medium to large scale projects, including development of plans for scope, timeline, budget, issue management, and managing change
- Experience conducting and leading team meetings to manage the schedule, identify risks and review project deliverables
- Good customer focus, attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex and varied interpersonal relationships to successfully complete projects.
- Excellent ability to organize time and information to successfully complete projects.
- Ability to lead and model behaviors for other team members.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile project management.
- Willingness to drive process improvement.
- Ability to motivate and encourage team with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to “dig in” and drive your project / enhancement. Must be self-motivated
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to lead both onsite and offsite teams through the completion of key capabilities that will help drive and support Questar’s business.
- Be a leader of all managed team members gaining respect of all while promoting a fun, delivery oriented environment.
- Provide guidance and support for all project team members. Removing roadblocks and helping them be successful.
- A track record of directing, inspiring, and motivating others to achieve results which exceed what is believed to be possible.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all members of the organization in person and during remote conferences.
- Ability to understand through communication the needs of the business and then relay that information to the appropriate business and/or technical resources.
- Ability to clearly explain application concepts and procedures to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Display excellent communication skills by being able to converse with technical and non-technical people; write concise and clear reports; and make effective presentations.
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated.
- An impeccable reputation for honesty, integrity, and for doing the right thing – a role model for others.
- A collaborative style that emphasizes teamwork, values the contributions of each team member, and encourages participation in achieving results for the organization and its customers.
- Ability to listen and learn from others.