Senior Software Developer (.NET/SQL)
The Sr. Software Developer will be a full-stack developer working on Questar’s multi-platform code bases. You will be overseeing code produced by a team of developers for implementing new features, maintaining existing code, refactoring existing code, establishing and refining development standards across the breadth of products used both internally and customer facing at Questar Assessment, Inc.
As such you will assist with concerns ranging from code architecture and delivery, SQL queries, Mac/Win/Linux desktops, iOS and Android tablets, and Chromebooks. Your experience and knowledge will help to drive Questar’s student test taking platform to well perceived products that brings confidence and delight to students and teachers across districts in United Status.
- Estimation of project effort and technical design documentation to direct Developers approach
- Collaborate with Directors and IT Project Managers to provide accurate work estimates
- Create efficiencies between development and requirements gathering with supplemental technical design documentation
- Monitor performance against technical documentation to provide continuous improvement as needed
- Collaborate with BA, QA, off-shore resources, and product owners to develop new enhancements and releases
- Development to support product and project needs
- Provide development coding and consulting support to products under development
- Isolate key areas of concern and document needs for implementation team to be aware of as products are delivered for use in Production environments
- Integrate with client implementation team to provide development guidance and performance feedback to improve code performance
- Research new technologies and build prototypes as the testing industry continues to evolve
- Learn and ensure item and assessment publishing and delivery are QTI/APIP conformant
- Enhance current system to ensure backend scalability and front-end design integrity
- Developing updates to existing internal and external facing software to enhance the customer experience and provide development staff with easily maintainable code.
- Developing updates to existing features in student test taking platform to resolve issues on various OS, such as iOS, Android, etc.
- Code-review and mentoring other developers
- Review and critique database code to ensure quality and recovery methods
- Collaborate with Architects in best practices for code implementation with code reviews prior to deployment from the development environments
- Work one-on-one and in small team groups to discuss and refine poorly performing code
- Develop code with front-end developers to streamline and support online content authoring and publishing capability that is needed to feed new and innovative items to students across nation.
- Develop clean code that utilize proven design pattern in a test-driven development environment
- Trouble-shooting and production support of client issues
- During live production activities respond to client support requests and customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with company architects
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot problem areas
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and timelines to client-facing program management teams.
- Full-stack awareness from front-end to database design and development
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degrees in technology field a plus.
- Experience with at least one framework/library like bootstrap.js, foundation.js, angular.js, react.js
- Ability to write clean, standardized, and code that performs optimally in highly concurrent environments.
- Experience with “Sr. Software Developer” responsibilities across internal development team, experience with offshore development teams a plus.
- Ability to consume and create APIs and web services using REST.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development and familiarity with scrum
- Experience with contribution to public open source front end development code base is a plus
- Knowledge of education standard such as QTI/APIP, SIF, AIF is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all members of the organization in person and during remote conferences.
- Ability to understand through communication the needs of the business and then relay that information to the appropriate business and/or technical resources.
- Ability to clearly explain application concepts and procedures to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Mentoring other software developer positions to improve their skills and work product
- Working with business analyst roles to create better efficiencies for developers by shaping the nature of the BA’s work on business requirements and functional specification
- Clear, effective written communications.
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated a MUST.
- Team oriented, open, honest and collaborative – non-political approach.
- Ability to listen and learn from others.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Write clean, clear and commented code
- Ability to test your code and code of your peers
- Hard working, with “delivery to customer” in mind