Vice President, Psychometrics & Research (Apple Valley, MN or Remote)
The Vice President of Psychometrics and Research is responsible for delivering reliable and valid assessments with high levels of technical quality, driving research and development initiatives, and strengthening Questar’s competitiveness and reputation in the industry. This person leads a team of psychometricians and statistical analysts through activities such as item calibration, forms construction, scaling and equating, and technical documentation. The Vice Present of Psychometrics and Research will report to the Chief Assessment Officer.
The Vice President of Psychometrics and Research is a leader on the Assessment Services team and within Questar. As such, quality, service, commitment, innovation, problem solving, and flexibility are expected. We are seeking a colleague drawn to working in a fast-paced environment and that also has fun while accomplishing challenging and meaningful work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consulting and Education Policy
- Establish standard processes for developing technical reports to document technical quality required for USED peer review.
- Plan and execute effective standard-setting and technical advisory committee meetings.
- Proactively consult with clients to develop assessment solutions that meet client needs while maintaining technical quality.
- Operational Delivery
- Successfully deliver on operational contract activities including scoring, equating, and reporting.
- Establish quality processes and standardized documentation to provide for efficiency and consistency in operational tasks.
- Forecast resource needs across the annual assessment lifecycle.
- Develop a plan and associated budget for outsourcing needs.
- Research and Development
- Develop and implement a research and development agenda in line with Questar’s strategic plan.
- Business Development and Partnerships
- Develop innovative proposal responses, refine templated text, and provide associated costs.
- Build relationships with others in the industry, resulting in strategic collaborations, effective partners, and quality reputation.
- Organizational Leadership
- Enhance talent within the organization by evaluating employee outcomes relative to goals, holding team members accountable, and upgrading or reassigning talent as necessary.
- Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, or related Educational Field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in people management. Experience leading remote employees preferred.
- Experience in the education or assessment industry.
- Experience facilitating committee work.
- Experience presenting to education technical advisory committee meetings.
- Knowledge of the K-12 education assessment industry (e.g. common core standards, competitors, RFP process.)
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with cross functional teams.
- Proactive strategic thinker, with ability to move rapidly between big picture and tactical detail level.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- Ability to work with team members in different locations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to facilitate client discussions across a wide variety of program issues and considerations, along with general industry topics.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.