Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst – Automation Engineer
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst-Automation Engineer upholds and continually improves Questar’s Quality Assurance and Testing standards and processes. This position validates developed applications and systems in support of business operations as we develop and deliver Questar's K-12 educational assessment products. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst – Automation Engineer works with the QA team to create and maintain test plans, create and maintain high value automated and manual test cases, execute manual and automated test cases, assist in creating efficiencies amongst the organization, identify, document, and report bugs, and maintain regression suites.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst-Automation Engineer upholds the company core value to embed quality and integrity into every internal and external effort and company’s other core values, as well as its Mission and Vision.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst-Automation Engineer reports to a QA Lead, QA Manager, or QA Director.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst and appropriate project team members to review and clarify project scope and requirements
- Assist in creation and maintenance of Test Plans that define a test approach/strategy for the project
- Assist in authoring the Test Suite – manual and automated test scenarios and test cases traceable to requirements in order to validate the application or customer deliverables
- Prepare test data for both manual and automated test cases
- Test execution of business applications, online applications, document processing capability, and reporting deliverables
- Validate data and reports using SQL and other tools
- Identify, document, and track issues found during testing
- Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve issues
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the project team
- Assist in deployment verification of applications or customer deliverables
- Participate and be the QA advocate in weekly project team meetings
- Update status of assigned project tasks and time reporting duties
- Participate in team meetings
- Work closely with QA Lead, QA Manager, or QA Director on prioritization of tasks
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery in all assigned work
- Coding experience with our Microsoft technology stack (C#) and .NET framework. Also web drivers, JMeter, and various platforms, iOSs, and browsers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, technical area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 7 years of Software Testing Automation work experience
- At least 10 years of QA and Testing work experience
- Proven ability and applied knowledge of Quality Assurance and Testing methodologies
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of different types of testing
- Aptitude in reconciling testing requirements with business requirements
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and other software development methodologies
- Proficient in Database concepts and testing using SQL with Microsoft SQL Server or other database platforms
- Concise and effective written and verbal skills to communicate with other professionals, including IT BAs, IT Developers, and other project stakeholders
- A positive and flexible individual with a successful history of working in a fast-paced, client-focused, and dynamic environment
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
- Knowledge of agile automation and continuous integration
- Ability to identify and create high value automated test cases
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining software automation test cases and creating and/or maintaining frameworks
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in test automation frameworks, processes and tools (Microsoft VS, Selenium, Appium, qTest, Developer tools, etc.)
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft SSIS
- Experience in assessments, education, or related field
- C# knowledge
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must already be located in the Twin Cities, MN. No remote opportunities or relocation.