Assessment Specialist - Math, Alternate (Apple Valley, MN or Remote)
Assessment Specialists (AS) are content experts and participate in all tasks related to assessment development. AS have or will work the lifecycle of an assessment program from end to end within an assigned content area. AS will participate in blueprint design, item creation, client meetings, field test and operational forms construction, scoring activities, and reporting designs. They will actively ensure the timely and quality completion of these tasks for their assigned project(s). AS collaborate with vendors and internal and external clients to smoothly and adequately manage relationships, handoffs, and highly complex communications.
AS are expected to embrace and practice quality processes, use of digital tools, execution of security protocols, practice cost effectiveness, and seek out mentors in the organization to assist in their growth as savvy assessment professionals.
- Primary contact for all assigned activities
- Communicate with Assessment Services members regarding project needs and deliverables
- Maintain project schedules
- Ensure overall quality of project materials
- Develop client requirement documentation
- Draft/develop blueprints
- Develop item and test specifications
- Develop test forms
- Facilitate item review meetings (content, bias, and data)
- Develop exemplar items
- Facilitate item writer workshops
- Manage an item development plan and deliver to its needs.
- Develop item writing assignments
- Review and edit raw items
- Provide constructive and growth-oriented feedback to item writers
- Review test forms to meet specifications
- Maintain item bank information including source accuracy, use tracking, and quality practices
- Develop content and instructional guides
- Track item writer item retention rates
- Attend, deliver and revise trainings and workshops for team members, customers, vendors and contractors across all assessment related functions:
- Item Writing
- Passage Writing (as applicable)
- Passage Finding (as applicable)
- Graphic/Multi-media concepts and scripting
- Text to Speech
- Use of digital tools
- Test construction
- Committee facilitation
- Security procedures
- Documentation parameters
- Support responses to request for proposals (RFPs) by providing proposal content, test designs and blueprints, item samples, and any additional material
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or other related field
Related Work Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in K-12 education, test development, certification, or educational publishing in claimed content area.
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum, standards, literature, student skills, tools, and educational practices for the claimed content area.
- Minimum of 3 years in classroom instruction or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years as an active member of a project or cross-functional team with proven ability to contribute to the success of the team.
- 2+ years working with assessments and assessment results with students, colleagues, teachers, parents, etc…
- 5+ experiences presenting to and/or training professional groups.
- Independent, self-starter who requires minimal repeated guidance.
- Customer-focused - establishes and maintains customer relationships; highly skilled in managing customer expectations.
- Communication Skills – strong listening, and oral/written communications skills, include the ability to facilitate interactive sessions with internal and external focus groups.
- Interpersonal Skills – able to interact effectively at all organizational levels, function in a team-driven environment, and manage conflict effectively and constructively.
- Results-oriented with creative approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to facilitate a discussion and reach resolution.
- Awareness and focus on continuous change and improvement; seeks and is comfortable recommending change.
- Competent in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to function within a digital workflow, avoiding the use of paper in most situations.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology in area of focus.
- Project Management – knowledge of project management fundamentals including the importance of up and down stream hand offs and ability to manage work to a schedule.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.