ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The data architect is responsible for analyzing the use of data and interpreting data directly to the goals and procedures of a company in a way that provides unambiguous results. He must guarantee the accuracy and accessibility of all valuable data, and he tasked for knowing what data is important and why. The data architect functions as an interpreter or an intermediary, identifying data needs of a particular group and explaining the importance and use of the data applicable for them. He oversees the design, assessment, selection, application and maintenance of major databases and metadata structures; examines and ascertains database process, risk and financial analysis studies. He observes industry trends and development; develops and unveils sound technical recommendations to senior management. A data architect formulates data and metadata policies and procedures for functional design and development to build, maintain and upgrade the data model, ensuring compliance with corporate data standards; provides technical recommendations to senior managers and technical staff in the development and implementation of data databases or documentation. A data architect also administers technical troubleshooting and integration of new technology or new capabilities into the metadata and data standards and structures and complete assessment of the technical specifications of proposals and alternatives recommended to optimize database performance, and finally, examines and gauges proposals requesting alterations or upgrades to the existing databases.
Performs a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
• Defines and achieves the strategy roadmap for the enterprise; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
• Provides leadership in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. Proven track record to drive rapid prototyping and design for new projects and analytic R&D environments. Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. • Defines and implements the strategy roadmap for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems.
• Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members. • Works with staff and customers to understand the business requirements and business processes, design data warehouse (“DW”) schema and define extract-translate-load (“ETL”) and/or extract-load-translate (“ELT”) processes for DW.
• Utilization of advanced data analysis, including statistical analysis, data mining techniques, and use of computational packages such as SAS, R or SPSS.
• Creates discover-access-distill (“DAD”) strategies to bring significant value data understanding.
• Frames and conducts complex analyses and experiments using various statistical techniques.
• Participates in Business Intelligence projects, and works with analytical group and IT to ensure implementation using both Agile and Waterfall methods.
• Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data across clinical procedure codes and geographic areas.
• Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members, providing active leadership skills across project team and business community.
• Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.).
• A solid understanding of key BI trends
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.