Items and Forms Delivery Manager - Apple Valley, MN
The Items and Forms Delivery Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of test production and delivery, both online and paper pencil. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing great team work and communications, delivering accurate and on-time work, interfacing with clients, and collaborating with other Questar teams (e.g., Assessment Development, Publications, Technology, Program Management). The Items and Forms Delivery Manager will lead the Delivery team in all necessary steps to deliver the highest quality assessments to the client. The manager will lead the team through conflict and blockers, and will help solution on how to deliver on-time with top quality. The Items and Forms Delivery Manager will manage a team of Content Delivery Specialists, Technology Delivery Specialists, and Project Coordinators, and will report to the Vice President of Assessment Delivery.
The Items and Forms Delivery Manager is a leader on the Assessment Services team and within Questar. As such, quality, service, commitment, innovation, problem solving, and flexibility are expected. We are seeking a colleague drawn to working in a fast-paced environment and that also has fun while accomplishing challenging and meaningful work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage the Assessment Delivery team and take responsibility for delivering test items and forms per the outlined schedule, which includes close coordination with the Assessment Development unit to ensure items will be prepared and available to meet schedules.
- Solve for blockers and mitigate risks to keep projects on schedule. Creatively problem solve to bring late projects back on schedule, including working with other resource groups to develop and implement various solutions.
- Consistently monitor project status, including (1) identifying potential pinch points, risk areas, and schedule strain; (2) creating an efficient tracking system to monitor downstream impacts of missed deadlines; and (3) reforecasting schedules as needed to reflect updated plans.
- Provide project status reports to leadership.
- Conduct capacity planning and manage resource allocation.
- Execute on an efficient system for forms review that avoids re-work or duplicating efforts.
- Develop a best practice process for creating and accurately tracking number of forms/items for delivery.
- Effectively define and manage scope and implement change control processes.
- Guide and mentor a team to grow and balance their skills. Enhance talent within the organization by evaluating employee outcomes relative to goals, holding team members accountable, and upgrading or reassigning talent as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. PMP certification preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in people management
- Experience leading remote employees preferred
- Experience in project planning, execution, budgets, and documentation
- Experience in project management software (e.g., MS project, Work Front, Confluence, JIRA)
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to manage multiple competing activities
- Ability to appropriately determine priorities and to reprioritize as often as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to drive toward results
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and team building skills
- Proven motivator of others within the work environment
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with cross functional teams
- Proactive strategic thinker, with ability to move rapidly between big picture and tactical detail level
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Knowledge of the K-12 education assessment industry (e.g., items, forms, publishing)
- Ability to work with team members in different locations
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond calmly in deadline-driven situations
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.